|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS |
Education, Experience, Licenses, and Other Requirements:
• Any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to: Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with graduate courses and minimum of three (3) years teaching experience;
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Valid California credential authorizing service as a principal.
• Employment eligibility that may include fingerprints, health (TB) and/or other employment clearance.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with dual language/bilingual programming
• Culturally responsive and eager to serve racially and socioeconomically diverse students and families, with a commitment to/experience with a Restorative Justice approach.
• At least 5 years classroom teaching experience (K-5 preferred)
• Knowledge of/experience with Expeditionary Learning or project-based learning principles and key practices
• Excellent communicator with strong collaborative style and a commitment to transparency and building trust and positive, productive relationships within and among SEED’s student body, staff and parent communities.
• Values, advocates for and supports ALL learners, including underserved populations, Special Ed, etc., even with limited resources.
• Demonstrated success in improving social emotional experience and academic outcomes for all students.
• Fosters relationships with district, community and shared campus partners to advocate for and secure necessary funding and resources.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• California content frameworks and standard
• Numerous, proven, successful instructional practices
• Leadership skills, management strategies and community building techniques
• Local policies, state and federal laws relating to minors
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Provide effective instructional leadership
• Create a nurturing and safe learning based on high expectations for all students
• Develop collaborative, professional learning communities
• Analyze data and use it to make decisions
• Provide professional development and coaching to teachers
• Distribute leadership among administrators, teachers, staff, parents, students & community members
• Effectively manage staffing, budget, facility, and other administrative responsibilities
• Build and lead the school community in attaining community, school –based, district, state and federal goals
• Use relational databases, web-based tools, the internet and other technologies
• Calmly and efficiently handle crises and solve problems
• Effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Manage competing priorities and time.
Office environment; fast-paced work; constant interruptions. Employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to extreme.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and make presentations; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard; seeing to monitor various activities and read documents, and view computer monitors; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally; lifting light objects.