|PREFERRED KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES |
- Hold or be eligible for the Postgraduate Professional License issued by the Virginia State Board of Education with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision PreK-12.
- Successful experience in school administration is preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required.
- Administrative/management experience in personnel management.
- Thorough knowledge of school personnel records management, reporting requirements and the utilization of computer technology to prepare statistical data, reports and analyses.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and evaluate recruitment and employment initiatives.
- Ability to analyze complex personnel issues and to prepare technical management reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative, professional and support employees; representatives of employee organizations; representatives of recruitment sources; and citizens and job applicants.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, organize, schedule and prioritize activities, functions, and assignments with the flexibility to adapt to changing and urgent deadlines and work requirements.
- Excellent skills in interviewing, data collection, and report writing.
- Skill in applying the practices and procedures of recruitment, employment interviewing, and applicant screening.
- Considerable experience in the teacher recruitment process in school systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with school district administrative, professional, and staff employees, and employee organizations, and to meet with these individuals to stay abreast of events and issues, focusing on problem identification and resolution, information exchange, and joint cooperation.
- Experience working with students, families, and staff from various cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in education, public or business administration, human resources or a related field or experience in a public school setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates that the incumbent possesses the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources/personnel and other applicable state and federal laws, rules, policies, procedures and practices, as related to the recruitment and employment functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the recruitment process, to include interviewing techniques, applicant sources, Internet applications, etc.
- Knowledge of the licensure and endorsement requirements for teachers.
Candidates must submit an application online and attach a resume, a written statement of interest in and qualifications for this position. Please complete the online Administrative/Technical application on the APS website in the Employment section: www.apsva.us. A minimum of three letters of reference must also be submitted. (Reference letters may be sent in separately.)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY MONDAY, MAY 8, 2017 AND WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION IS INCLUDED.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in the School Board Policy 35-4.4, that employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability.