George Mason University
Adjunct Faculty, English Language
The George Mason University Office of the Provost invites applicants for Adjunct Faculty, English Language instructor positions under the INTO Mason Academic Division. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Openings available immediately as well as for Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 semesters at our Fairfax location.
Organized, reliable and committed individuals are sought to teach integrated skills (e.g., reading/writing and listening/speaking) in our intensive Academic English program and English for Academic Purposes courses. Teaching assignments may include one or more of the following:
- Adjunct Faculty - Academic English Core course (reading/writing/grammar focus) for 10 hours per week;
- Adjunct Faculty - Oral Communication Skills course (listening/speaking/vocabulary focus) for six hours/week;
- Adjunct Faculty - Elective course (content-based language instruction) for two to four hours per week; and
- Adjunct Faculty - English for Academic Purposes, Graduate and Undergraduate courses (one to four credits/course).
- Substitute Instructor - English language instruction on a short or long term basis
- Learning Resource Center Specialist - ESL instruction for groups or individuals, language assessments and language resource management/development for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.