RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, and the Middle East.
Senior Commissioning Editor, Young Adult ELT
Palmetto Bay, Miami
RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Macmillian Education is part of the Springer Nature Group, one of the world’s leading publishers of English Language teaching and school curriculum materials, with over 150 years of publishing experience. Our Language Learning division develops and publishes English Language Teaching (ELT) materials for all age ranges, preschool to young adult. Our products encompass a wide range of print and pioneering digital formats.
The role of Senior Commissioning Editor is to take responsibility for project(s) as specified within the publishing plan by identifying projects with a view to commissioning and developing appropriate, profitable and quality ELT content (print or digital) as specified. The Senior Commissioning Editor will also input into the strategy for a particular segment in the Schools publishing plan, and ensure that projects are planned and resourced adequately. The Senior Commissioning Editor will also have area(s) of special responsibility, such as training, market research, process improvements, mentoring, digital focus, financial focus, backlist management, best practices, among others. These will be assigned in line with business requirements
- Commission authors and contributors
- Work closely with overseas markets, and the in-house or freelance project team to develop quality material that meets the needs of the key markets and is produced on schedule and within budget
- Collaborate with the Publisher, as well as Product, Operations, Sales and Marketing, and Production stakeholders to ensure the publishing meets the needs of the key audience and is aligned with pre-press investment
- Train and mentor employees
- Conduct market research
- Review processes and make recommendations, as necessary
- Any other duties than can reasonably be expected of you
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
For more information, visit our website at http://www.rednovalearning.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: