| Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is seeking an educator that is passionate about improving early literacy education for English Language Learners to join our team as the Associate Director of ELL & Bilingual Services. This is an opportunity for someone looking to match their expertise and drive with a nationally proven organization in order to make a lasting impact for all early learners, no matter their linguistic background. |
The perfect candidate is primed to:
- strategize the most impactful ways to merge CLI’s nationally proven early literacy programing with linguistically-responsive education best practices;
- craft coaching tools, professional development, assessments, and other resources targeting ELLs and Spanish literacy development;
- represent CLI and the teachers/students we serve, promoting a culture of inclusion and achievement for ELLs in our districts and beyond.
Under general direction of the Director of Content Development and Program Design, the Associate Director of ELL and Bilingual services will promote a culture of inclusion and achievement by positioning linguistic diversity as a resource for early literacy and promoting research-based best practices in teaching ELLs in both ESL and bilingual education programs. This role will support CLI’s efforts to create trainings and resources that address the needs of all students. The Associate Director of ELL and Bilingual services will guide efforts to define, assess, and cultivate linguistically-responsive educational and coaching resources to assist district-based initiatives focused on meeting the needs of their linguistically diverse student populations.
The Associate Director of ELL and Bilingual services will work with the Content Team to create and implement curricula and instructional support tools as designed to support early literacy classroom teachers in meeting the needs of their ELLs. In addition, the Associate Director of ELL and Bilingual services will create resources, educational coaching tools, and assessment resources to help facilitate district based bilingual (English-Spanish) early literacy programming.
Associate Director of ELL and Bilingual Services Primary Responsibilities
- Develop new and revise existing content to ensure CLI’s professional offerings and professional development build early literacy expertise in the context of language acquisition and bilingual education (including Spanish literacy development).
- Develop and conduct professional development sessions; including sessions on instructional methodology for the ELL, enriched literacy learning in diverse classroom settings, literacy development in the bilingual Spanish classroom.
- Provide resources and materials to support CLI staff and districts in accomplishing programmatic literacy goals.
- Collaborate on the creation of CLI’s vision of program design and instructional support mechanisms to ensure equitable access to early literacy skills.
- Work strategically across departments to ensure all curricula elements are aligned to CLI strategic plan.
- Represent CLI in the national conversation around promoting academic achievement among English Language Learners, literacy instruction for ELLs, and supporting the bilingual and biliterate learner by attending and presenting at appropriate National conferences (la Cosecha, NABE, TESOL, Title I, and WIDA).