RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, and the Middle East.
Development Editor, Primary Mid-Level Segment AE
Palmetto Bay, Miami
RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, Euope and the Middle East. Macmillan Education, part of the Springer Nature Group, is one of the world’s leading publishers of English Language teaching and school curriculum materials, with over 150 years of publishing experience. Our Language Learning division develops and publishes English Language Teaching (ELT) materials for all age ranges, preschool to young adult. Our products encompass a wide range of print and pioneering digital formats.
The role of the Development Editor works within a publishing project team and has day-to-day responsibility for content development from initial writing brief to publication, ensuring that all material is of an appropriate quality and fully aligned to the publishing vision of the Commissioning Editor and Publisher. The Development Editor may also commission ancillary items under the guidance of the Commission or Senior Development Editor. The role involves extensive cross-functional liaison with the content production and content delivery teams to create material which meets the needs of the key audience and is published on schedule and within budget.
- Work the Commissioning Editor and/or Senior Development Editor to prepare author briefs for specific projects, in light of market research
- Support in the identification of potential authors, contributors and external content creators
- Understand contract terms and budget for external contributors, ensuring correct procedures are followed
- Work with authors to develop material which follows the brief and is aligned to different output formats
- Take responsibility for overseeing external content creators and ensure work meets the required standard
- Alert the project team to any content development issues to ensure delivery is on time and within budget
- Attend audio recordings, video/photo shoots and photo selection meetings to ensure outputs adhere to the brief / project specification
- Create artwork, design and digital specification briefs, as well as style sheets, page plans and asset briefs
- Deal with overmatter (print and digital), commenting on issues and feeding back appropriately
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Please upload your current CV with a cover letter when applying..
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
For more information, visit our website at http://www.rednovalearning.com.
RedNovaLearning Inc. is part of Springer Nature.Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: