ESL Teachers Needed for International Schools at the
Overseas international schools seeking qualified teachers to teach their subject in English. In addition to ESL teachers, classroom teachers are needed at the elementary level and subject teachers are needed at the secondary level for all subjects including, Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Foreign Languages, Art, Music, Health/PE.
Across all grade levels ESL teachers are needed
If you are an ESL teacher you are needed to teach English as a second language at overseas international schools that cater to an international multicultural population of students from virtually every country in the world.
The common denominator is that all students are expected to learn and converse in English. This is why ESL is a high-demand subject at private international schools.
International schools offer many advantages versus other overseas teaching placements including:
Beautiful campuses and state-of-the-art facilities
Excellent benefits for teachers including:
airfare to-and-from the host country
Free housing or a housing allowance
Medical and Dental plans
Professional Development opportunities
Plus many other benefits
Another added benefit is that often (depending on location of school) salaries are tax-free, resulting in even greater savings for teachers.)
Minimum 2 years experience
Certified in subject area
Fluent in English
Interest in travel and foreign cultures
Passion for teaching
Additional Salary Information: Exact salary commensurate with experience, education level, certifications and location.
TIE is a non-profit organization that for over 30 years has been dedicated to the joint mission of helping overseas international schools find qualified teaching staff and helping qualified teachers find positions at these overseas schools.
TIE is a service agency for over 500 overseas, international schools around the world (outside the US). Grade levels range from pre-kindergarten to grade 12.... Classes, are taught in English and most schools require that teachers are certified in their subject and that they have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience. The International Educator offers an interactive forum that allows teachers to post their resumes, and search for the latest jobs posted by international schools all over the world. Subscribers can conduct a job search by country, school, or subject matter. This is a timely up-to-the-minute resource for for teachers seeking an international teaching career with new jobs/positions posted daily. Annual Subscription Cost: $39/year.
The International Educator (TIE) is a subsidiary of the Overseas Schools Assistance Corporation, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, developing and implementing programs for, and in support of, overseas schools and international education. The following companies and services fall under the auspices of OSAC:
• The International Educator (TIE) – a quarterly newspaper featuring articles and information addressing the unique needs of international schools and the people who work in them.
• Tieonline.com – TIE’s website, www.tieonline.com is a comprehensive resource for finding the best international school jobs available anywhere and rated the # 1 resource for international schools throughout the world to recruit and hire qualified teaching staff.
• The PTC (Principals’ Training Center) -- founded in 1989 to meet the professional development needs of leaders in international schools. Over 2500 international educators have participated in PTC training programs.
• The TTC (Teacher Training Center) -- provides training in classroom instructional and assessment strategies, uniquely tailored to the needs of the international school.
• The CTC (Counselor Training Center) -- designed for international school counselors and is open to both practicing and aspiring counselors in international schools.