University Language Instructor to teach general English or English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in one of the best young universities in the world.
* Initial contract two years, renewable
* Membership of a vibrant school community of some 300 international and local staf
* A top-notch library and electronic resources to support learning and career development
* Opportunities to live and travel in an exciting and diverse culture, one of the cradles of civilization
B.Ed. or BA in English, Applied Linguistics, or related field
MA in TEFL/TESL/TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related field
BA or BS and university teaching experience
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: • Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, quoted in US Dollars and Turkish Liras, paid locally
• Residence permit, work visa, and airport transfer
• Flights at the beginning and at the end of contract, and if renewed, return flight, every two years
• Air fare and baggage allowance at the beginning and end of contract
• State and private medical insurance
• Fully furnished, rent-free private accommodation on campus (a fee is charged for utilities)
• Free university gym and swimming pool membership
• Monthly lunch allowance (electronic cards)
• On campus free of charge Turkish language courses
Bilkent University School of English Language (BUSEL) prepares students for the English medium academic studies in the faculties and schools of Bilkent University and professional lives beyond.Bilkent University is the first foundation university in Turkey ranking 37th in the Times Higher Education BRICS and Emerging Economies University Rankings 2017. BUSEL consists of two programs The English L...anguage Preparatory Program which brings students' English Level up to the level required for study in their faculties and schools and The Faculty Academic English Program (FAE) provides credit-bearing English courses for academic or professional purposes once students are in their faculties and schools. BUSEL is possibly one of the largest English Language schools in the world teaching English to around 6,000 students each semester. The school currently has more than 200 instructors, twenty-five percent of whom are native speakers of English, and 15 administrative and support staff.