Partners of the Americas, through a program funded by the United States Embassy in Panama, is looking for U.S. education professionals interested in volunteering in Panama during the summer of 2017 in an expense-paid professional development program training and coaching Panamanian teachers of English. Selected professionals will travel to Panama for approximately six weeks from June 30th – August 13th, 2017. As a Panama Teacher Match volunteer, you will:
- Spend 5-6 weeks in Panama in summer 2017
- Participate in orientation upon arrival in Panama City
- Complete a placement with Panamanian teachers in a public school, training and coaching local teachers
- Receive a per diem for living expenses
- Have international airfare and homestay accommodation covered at no cost to you
- Access a new, robust professional network including cohort of teachers from all over the U.S. as well as Panamanian teachers
Applications of eligible candidates will be reviewed and finalists will be contacted by Partners staff for a Skype interview. In addition to the above technical criteria, candidates will be judged on their dedication to service and community, ability to adapt to new situations and environments, and maturity and responsibility. Applications must be submitted by February1st, 2017 at 11:59PM EST. Finalists will be notified in March 2017.
Partners of the Americas, with U.S. Embassy Panama funding, will pay all expenses related to participation in the program including domestic and international flights, meals, accident and sickness protection, spending money, and lodging.
To apply, please click here.