Emirates Institute for Banking & Financial Studies
March 12, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Full Time - Experienced
To enhance English language proficiency of students across EIBFS, both to support students’ pursuit of their academic majors and to prepare them for global citizenship
Accountable to: Head of Learning
Responsible for: Being in charge of the overall operations of the English Language Center (ELC) including planning, organizing, designing and developing courses in house and for corporates to generate revenue, selecting and liaising with adjunct faculty and coordinating with all departments for smooth functioning of the ELC.
1. Ensuring effective curriculum delivery, the achievement of departmental goals, learning outcomes and the meeting of targets
2. Select, train, motivate and liaise with the full time and adjunct faculty for effective performance of the ELC department.
3. Facilitate and coordinate with other internal departments and external authorities for smooth operation and to accomplish the objectives of ELC.
4. Organize work schedule, prepare feedbacks and reporting schedules on daily, fortnightly, monthly, semester & yearly basis and to develop & maintain documents for reviews by internal and external agencies.
5. Lead and develop effective relationship with relevant professional bodies and outside agencies including government and semi- government to enhance the relevance of the department teaching agenda.
6. Lead the development of innovative approaches to course design, internationalization and course delivery with reference to emerging market trends in the subject and a high quality student experience.
7. Supervise student projects as and when required
8. Provide learning support and studies advice to students.
9. Contribute to and provide leadership to the development of the Faculty members within the department.
10. Planning, organizing, and developing courses for both in-house and external corporate trainings
11. Overseeing the program's budget, enrollment, and revenue generation
12. Leading the development of innovative approaches to course design and delivery
13. Deploy teaching resources, textbooks, teaching technologies and other tools to ensure achievements of learning outcomes
14. Undertake appropriate Departmental administrative and management tasks, as assigned by Head of Learning
15. Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post and as and when assigned by the General Manager.
Educational requirement & experience
Education : Preferably a Masters in Linguistics or Literature or a related discipline
Preferred experience in developing and delivering English language training programs to non-native speakers
5 to 10 years’ experience in similar function (Head of English Language Centre) in higher educational institutions
Strong leadership, interpersonal, communications and motivational skills.
High level of English proficiency
% of students meeting English proficiency requirements
% of Student satisfaction with the Center
% of Employer satisfaction with student English capabilities
% Course enrollment and completion rate (Emirati and non-Emirati)
Number of courses facilitated/ taught per quarter
Budget: plan vs. actual
Additional Salary Information:
Salary and other benefits
Attractive tax free salary + Family Benefits
About Emirates Institute for Banking & Financial Studies
Established in 1983, the Emirates Institute for Banking and Financial Studies (EIBFS) offers world class education programs, training sessions and allied services in the area of banking and finance at its three state of the art campuses strategically located in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. EIBFS has been globally integrated with various leading institutes and universities to bring and offer the best programs and courses in banking and finance to the UAE.