Founded in 1953, Nagoya University of Commerce and Business is situated on an exceptionally beautiful campus in the most economically productive region of Japan: Nagoya. One of the leading business schools in Japan, NUCB consistently receives high academic rankings and is strongly committed to global standards for excellence in scholarship and research. It is also the only business school in Japan to be accredited by both AACSB International and AMBA. NUCB comprises of just over 3,500 students and 100 teaching staff. About 30 of the teaching staff are from abroad.
*The Faculty of Communication at Nagoya University of Commerce and Business (http://www.nucba.ac.jp/en/) seeks two highly motivated, collegial, responsible and academically-oriented English language teaching scholars for Spring 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Teaching responsibilities: 7 classes of 100 minutes each per week, focusing on English language and cross-cultural communication with the aim of increasing student TOEIC scores
Non-teaching responsibilities: maintain office hours, provide additional support to students, conduct and publish research, and participate in all official university functions
Active participation in curriculum reform, course adaptation and faculty development
* Please note that the current Faculty of Communication will change its faculty name to Faculty of Global Studies from April of 2018.
1. ABD or a Ph.D. / Ed.D. in TESOL or Applied Linguistics (English)
2. Experience of TESOL at a higher educational institution.
3. Practical English Language Teaching Qualifications (e.g. CELTA / DELTA /Trinity College London Certificate or Diploma)
4. High level of English proficiency
Additional Salary Information: • Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
• Salary will be paid in 14 installments per year (inclusive of a bonus of one month salary paid in July and in December)
• Holidays in line with normal Japanese university conventions
• 5 teaching days/week with a possibility of being reduced to 4 with 1 research day per week
• Excellent benefits package including private health insurance
• One-way airfare provided to Japan from home country and assistance in obtaining a Japanese work visa